Monday, September 6, 2021

Virginia's Sausage and Peppers


Of all the meals Virginia makes, and she makes many, I always liked her sausage and peppers the best.  After many years of trying to copy her method using a very similar recipe, I've never been able to mimic her recipe and I think I know why.  It's all about the sausage.  Fresh, sweet, Italian sausage, not the supermarket variety but more the local butcher variety make the meal.  But if you've never tasted Virginia's this recipe, which is hers, will be a tasty meal for everyone.

 6 to 8 Sweet Italian Sausages

3 tbs Olive Oil

2 Onions

4 Green/Red Peppers

1 Can crushed tomatoes (Large can)

4 Fresh Garlic cloves

Salt and Pepper


Saute the Sausages in olive oil and garlic until sausages are brown and juices flowing.  Then add the peppers and onions stirring them until well mixed.  Next, add a can of crushed tomatoes.  Salt and Pepper to taste, cover, cook on low for 2 to 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TODAY! Skillet Chicken Cutlets

 We saw this recipe (my sister and I) and tried it.   Everyone on the show claimed it was hands-down the best cutlet recipe they had ever ha...