Sunday, January 8, 2006

French Toast

I cook bacon first leaving a little grease on the skillet .. if no grease use butter not margarine on the pan. I use as much eggs by volume as milk -- so 4 eggs looks like a cup and a half of milk so combined there ought to be enough liquid for 16 pieces of toast. I prefer white for French toast but regular wheat will work as well. I dip the bread into the batter one side at a time ... do not soak the bread just coat it. On the uncooked side when first in the pan sprinkle some cinnamon. Keep an eye on it flipping frequently -- you want it to brown not burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TODAY! Skillet Chicken Cutlets

 We saw this recipe (my sister and I) and tried it.   Everyone on the show claimed it was hands-down the best cutlet recipe they had ever ha...